FIND A LOCATION:
Find a Location
FIND A LOCATION
Call the Branch
Access online accounts
From paying bills to checking your balance and transferring funds, with mobile and online banking, it’s possible to do all of your banking – even depositing checks – at home!
The best thing about online banking – and mobile banking – is you can bank whenever and wherever it works for you. Stuck at home, traveling, or unable to stop by a branch? We understand that no matter what happens, banking is a vital part of your life. That’s why we want to make sure you have what you need to bank whenever and wherever you want.
First things first. There are 2 important tools you will need to be able to bank at home or on the go. If you haven’t already, enroll in personal online banking, download the Bell Bank mobile app for iPhone®, iPad® or Android™, log in and register your devices for security.
1. For mobile banking, you need our free Bell Bank mobile app. Simply download it from your iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ app store. You can use it to check your balance, pay bills, transfer funds between your accounts – even deposit a check with your smartphone (we’ll show you how later!).
2. To enroll in personal online banking (which will let you handle your banking from your computer), you can either log in to personal online banking through your Bell Bank mobile app or on the bell.bank home page. Click the “Sign up now” button either in your app or on our webpage, and follow the user-friendly instructions. You’ll be sent a secure, 6-digit access code through phone, text or email, which you’ll then use for verification.
Once you’ve logged in, you’ll need to register your devices. With your first-time login on each device (home computer, tablet, mobile phone), you will be asked to register the device, so it won’t require a secure access code each time you log in. Whenever you use an unregistered computer, device or browser (such as a new, public or shared computer), you will again be sent an access code for verification. (This is to better protect you and your account!)
Once you’ve got the tools you need to bank anytime, anywhere, you’re ready to get started! There are several mobile and online banking features that can help you get the most out of your experience. Here are 6 of our favorites:
1. With mobile bill pay, you can manage how you pay your bills, including scheduling, adding new payees, or editing payment amounts or information. (Standard bill pay is, of course, free.)
2. Popmoney is a free, convenient way to make person-to-person payments, such as splitting an expense or paying someone back, anywhere, anytime – right from the convenience of your smartphone. You can even use Popmoney to ask someone else to pay you back for a shared purchase. (We’ll tell you how to make a payment and split an expense a little later.)
3. With the free CardValet® app, you can receive alerts whenever your Bell Bank debit card is used, approved or exceeds the transaction controls you set. You can set controls on spending limits, merchant types, transaction types and geographic locations.
If you misplace your card or receive a CardValet alert and something seems wrong, you can immediately turn your debit card off so it cannot be used. When you turn off your card, all transactions (except for recurring payments) will be denied until you turn your card back on.
To get started, download the app from your iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ app store. If you need help, you can call Bell’s virtual bank at 800-450-8949, or learn more about CardValet.
4. You can set specific security alerts to notify you whenever a transaction occurs, when your balance drops below a certain amount, for potential security risks or of any changes to your account. Alerts can be delivered via secure message (within personal online banking), email, SMS text message or a phone call. It’s an easy way to track your accounts without even really thinking about it. (Scroll down to learn how to set mobile banking alerts.)
5. With mobile wallets, your smartphone takes the place of your debit or credit card, so you can pay faster, easier and more securely. During the one-time setup process, you enter your card information into your mobile device. Then, when you’re ready to make a purchase, you hold your phone near the checkout terminal to transmit your payment. (The steps vary slightly depending on your smartphone’s operating system.)
You can use all of the most common mobile wallet options – Apple PayTM, Google PayTM or Samsung PayTM – with your Bell Bank Debit Mastercard®. Pay conveniently with a touch of your finger, and reduce the risk of your card number being stolen, since you don’t hand over or swipe your card during a mobile wallet transaction.
6. The message center allows you to communicate securely with Bell. This is where you’ll find alerts, replies to your questions and Bell Bank communications.
Our mobile and online banking features are easy to use, but sometimes it helps to have instructions the first time you try them (or if you haven’t used them in a while!). Whether you want to pay someone, transfer money or deposit a check, we’ve got you covered!
How to Make Mobile and Online Banking Transfers
Transferring money from one account to another is quick and easy with Bell Bank mobile and online banking. Learn how by watching our video or following these easy instructions:
1. Log in to your Bell Bank mobile app or online banking.
2. From the Menu, select Transfers.
3. Once you’re on the Funds Transfer screen, choose the From account to transfer money out of and the To account to transfer funds into.
4. Enter the Amount of the transfer.
5. You can then click or tap Transfer Funds, or check the box to make your transfer a recurring transaction.
Note: Setting up a recurring transfer from your checking to your savings account can be a good way to help you save money on a regular basis. You can choose start and end dates, or keep it going until you choose to cancel it.
You can also write yourself a note describing your transfer under the Memo section, or you can leave this field blank. Once you’ve finished your transfer, you can see it in your online activity.
Transfers will be processed immediately when you select Transfer Funds. Transfers submitted before 11 p.m. CT on a business day will post the same day. Transfers submitted after 11 p.m. CT on a business day, weekend, or a holiday will post the next business day.
AutoPay lets you schedule ongoing payments for regular bills such as car loans, mortgage payments, cable, utilities or insurance premiums. At Bell, standard bill pay with unlimited transactions comes free with your personal checking account; there may be a fee for expedited bill pay.
To sign up for AutoPay:
1. Log in to personal online banking.
2. Select the Bill Pay tab.
3. Select AutoPay to set up automatic payments.
4. Follow the instructions and fill in each category, then click or tap Start Sending Payments.
5. Once you’re set up, a green 'ON' indicator will appear beside the AutoPay link.
6. Repeat the process to set up another AutoPay or to stop an automatic payment.
Need to pay the babysitter, send money to your child in college or split a restaurant tab? With Popmoney person-to-person payments, you can pay other people anywhere, anytime – right from the convenience of your computer or smartphone. All you need is a Bell Bank personal online banking account and the person’s name and email address or mobile number.
2. Click the Bill Pay tab.
3. Click the Add a Company or Person tab.
4. Select the Person tab.
5. Fill in the person’s name and email address or mobile number.
6. To send directly to a bank account, or mail a check, click More Ways to Send Money.
7. Click Add.
If you make a payment before 5 p.m. CT on a business day, the funds will be debited from your account on the same day. Otherwise, funds will be debited on the next business day. Funds are normally available to your recipient within 1 to 3 business days.
Note: Popmoney payments can be sent to anyone in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii, but not in U.S. territories.
For help, contact our customer service team at 800-450-8949.
Popmoney person-to-person payments make it easy to split rent with your roommates, go in on a group gift or get paid back when you buy concert tickets for yourself and your friends. It’s a quick, easy way to request a payment from someone. All you need is a Bell Bank personal online banking account and the person’s name and email address or mobile number.
Watch our video or follow these steps to learn how to split an expense with Popmoney:
3. Select Split an Expense.
4. Type in the person’s name and email address or mobile number.
5. Fill in the amount you’re splitting.
6. Click Next Step, and fill in why you’re splitting the expense and the due date.
7. Select Next Step, review your expense request, and click on Send Request.
Each recipient will receive instructions on how to pay you through Popmoney as well as the reason you’ve provided for splitting the expense. We’ll notify you once they send the payments.
For help, contact our customer service team at 800-450-8949.
Did you know you can deposit checks right from your smart phone? Mobile check deposit is a quick, easy and convenient way to deposit a check anytime from anywhere! You don’t have to worry about deposit slips, lines or time out of your busy day to stop by a branch.
To learn how to deposit a check from your smart phone, watch our video or follow these instructions:
1. If you haven’t already, enroll in personal online banking, and download the Bell Bank mobile app for iPhone®, iPad® or Android™.
2. Open your Bell Bank mobile app, select “Menu,” and press the “Deposit Check” option.
3. Enter the deposit amount, and choose the account where you want to deposit the money.
4. Sign the back of your check, and write “Bell Mobile Deposit” underneath your signature.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to take a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check with your smartphone camera, then send the image to the bank for deposit.
6. Keep the check until you can see the deposit in your account transaction history, then shred the original check.
Mobile check deposits made by 7:30 p.m. CT will post the same business day, however, they will post at the end of the business day, so you may not see it in your account until the following morning. Availability of funds may be delayed if further review is required.
Some checks, such as third-party checks, foreign checks and government bonds, must be deposited at a bank location. For more details on eligible checks and the check handling process, read our mobile check deposit procedures.
Mobile and online banking alerts are a quick, easy way to keep track of your accounts. Receive a notification whenever a transaction occurs, when your balance drops below a certain amount, or for potential security risks.
Watch this video, or follow these easy steps to set up alerts:
1. Log in to mobile or online banking.
2. From the menu, select Alerts.
3. To turn on various security alerts, click or tap the Security Alerts menu. Click or tap the off button to enable the alert(s) you want. Some security alerts – such as when your password or login ID is changed – are required and cannot be edited. These appear grey in the selection menu.
4. To set other types of alerts, click or tap the New Alert menu and choose one of the options:
5. Determine the conditions that trigger the alert, such as a transaction type or amount.
6. Specify how you’d like to be alerted. You can receive alerts through email, text messaging, a phone call or a secure message within personal online banking.
Note: Alerts are not immediate, but are generated throughout the day. You will receive one alert per day for each notification you set up. (If you receive a balance alert at 8 a.m., for example, you would not receive another balance alert until the next day – even if your balance changes.)
To modify or remove an alert, or change your preferred notification type:
3. Find the alert you want to modify or remove.
4. To disable the alert without deleting it, click or tap the On button.
5. To edit or delete the alert, click or tap Edit.
If you need help, call our customer service team at 800-450-8949, and we’ll talk you through the process.
For more help with personal online and mobile banking, visit this page for additional instructional videos and to download a comprehensive guide with step-by-step instructions on topics, such as: